EXISTENCE
I don't remember when I knew I was a woman,
Different from my father, similar to my mother.
But I remember running away from it,
The unwritten rules for a normal 'her'.
Why is it that even if I find women so beautiful,
But unable to accept myself as one?
Suddenly stumbling upon a survivor's diary,
So familiar yet so unknown seemed the contents.
And then I realized how wrong I was!
I am too a woman, with a fierce personality .
Met people similar to me who shared my thoughts,
Found the depth of my existence and feelings .
I am that part of people who have pain in their routine,
Who wear endurance as their armour everyday.
With tears as potion to many emotions,
And the primary place for seeking solace.
After stumbling here and there I realized,
I just denied to be taken for granted.
But I share the same body and soul,
As the humanity who keep changing through life.
How can I leave our glory from the past?
Where wars were fought and nations got shooked by us!
I will lift the crown which the world finds heavy,
I am a woman, who will spread her wings everywhere she goes.

Comments
Post a Comment