HE ASKED "DID YOU LOVE ME?"


 How should I begin? How should I end?

This chronicle of unrequited feelings,

Once that bloomed into a fragrant flower

But was too high to reach with sharp thorns to hurt.

A deep scar in my softest place,

When I was too innocent and naive.

Unaware of the results of my immature actions,

I remember my desperate heart.

To get his attention, to be always near him

Noting down his every minute detail.


Being flushed I blurted out my secret desire

Bringing unnecessary chaos to him and myself!

Oh! If only I could save him from the sick remarks,

As hatred from him would be the last thing I want.

Well, it didn't stop the fate that was to happen

And we never met each other's truth.


You know what darling! I wasn't me,

When I was forced to part from you.

To save my face, to wipe your hassle,

It never got me the result I wished!

I lost my hope in getting happiness,

Avoiding the best days of my calendar.

Love became a maze of twists & turns,

With the gradual yet unknown incidents.


It was the night of my life, when the sun rose again,

Breaking my boundaries of darkness and pain.

I was still walking ahead with all I could,

When you hugged me & said "Just let me in!" 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Cup of Tea

Such a tease

शुक्रगुज़ार