Flames of Acceptance
(M): Hello charming lady, welcome to the pub!
This Christmas, let's raise a toast to our first love.
(F): Everyone talks about it, what of your first heartbreak?
That made your life a steep hill to trek?
(M): Oh, very true, Senorita, those were the days
When my heart was open like the ocean ship sails,
Fell for my buddy's sister, then asked her out on a date
When it was her brother who made me more fret
We hugged, kissed, spoke love to one another
But I never knew that he too took my eyes further
Then I realised (after a while), she & I weren't made to last.
We couldn't see well through each other, for our differences were indeed vast!
I had to break up, I had to let them go,
Even if they were the only ones I called home.
Being unaware that I was breaking twice in one hit,
I thought, the sweet girl, was the sole reason of my split.
(F): Oh, that sounds like a troublesome ride!
Like the Moon bringing over high & low tides,
When did you find out the hidden reality?
In the change of season or in the people of a new city?
(M): I only knew years later, when I looked back at them
When the words of love came, my heart took only his name,
But, thank God! I never confessed my emotions,
As loving the other side was his only notion.
Still my soul laments over him,
He was the only one who drowned me in affection to the brim!

Greetings to everyone, This is my first time writing a poetic dialogue, with (M) for male voice and (F) for female voice, I hope you enjoy, understand and have a good time reading it.
ReplyDeleteSlayyed again
ReplyDeleteThank you Honey!
Delete