I WONDER WHY

 


I wonder why I feel so exhausted these days.

Reflecting the tiredness in your eyes.

I see you rushing from here to there

As if to hide a pain very obvious.

You are spending nights, drunk in wine,

Flirting with people you cannot see.

Throwing away the robes of your sanity,

Spitting flares of disappointment.

Living a reality farther than a dream,

With an unseen yearning of what you want.

The joke is funny but does it make you laugh?

The song is beautiful but does it make you dance?

Running through machines, wearing luxury clothes,

Or sleeping wholesome nights in a homey ambience.

Chose what you like! You deserve it!

It breaks my heart for I can't help you much.

Hoping for your own words to heal you,

I wish for your peace who blessed me with remedy. 

Comments

  1. This poem is about my idols in life who have always inspired me, but nowadays I notice them getting tired. After all we all are humans everyone needs time for themselves and everyone deserves to be themselves.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Cup of Tea

Such a tease

शुक्रगुज़ार